Expert Eye Examination - 5*
The Expert Eye Examination blends market leading Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) with the highest standard of professional care. This is the gold standard eye examination within Eye Academy’s clinical services offering.
As an authorised practitioner utilising the Heidelberg Spectralis 4D OCT, we, at Eye Academy, are proud to have the capability to offer our patient’s the most in-depth ophthalmological assessment of the retina and optic nerve available within the industry. Producing a 3-dimensional image of the optic nerve, macula and central retina, the Heidelberg Spectralis 4D OCT has revolutionised the ability to detect abnormalities in the earliest stages of disease development and is paramount in the detection of sight threatening conditions such as Glaucoma, Age-related Macular Degeneration and Retinal Detachment.
The fourth dimension of the Heidelberg Spectralis 4D OCT is Time, with Heidelberg’s TruTrack Active Eye Tracking technology allowing our Specialist Optometrists to monitor and analyse true disease progression precisely, after performing successive scans. Our Expert Eye Examination is recommended for every patient attending the Eye Academy practices*, generating a baseline scan for patients with healthy eye’s and permitting the correct diagnosis and management plan in patients who may require onward referral for further treatment.
An Expert Eye Examination is recommended for:
- All patients - this will determine a baseline ocular health
- Symptomatic patient’s (Headache’s, Double Vision, Red/Painful Eyes)
- Patients with a family history of Age-related Macular Degeneration/Retinal Diseases
Expert Eye Examination Tests Include:
- Thorough Spectacle Refraction (Prescription)
- Slit Lamp Examination of Anterior Eye
- Funduscopy (Volk Examination of Posterior Eye)
- Intra-ocular Pressures
- Digital Retinal and Slit Lamp Photography
- Goldmann Tonometry
- Advanced Binocular Investigation
- Humphreys Visual Field Testing (If applicable)
- Heidelberg 4D Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
Expert Eye Examination Lasts: Approx. 40 - 60 Minutes
Expert Eye Examination Cost: £120